In today’s Blogtober prompt I have been asked to share 10 things that I would tell myself when I started blogging… it sounds a bit weird but I think I have a slight idea as to where this prompt is/was going…
Before I started blogging I wish I knew the following:
- Think long and hard about your blog name – this is the area of your blogging career that you can not change once its set! Yes, you can start over again, yes you can import from your previous blog, but it takes forever to build up your stats and regain your followers again!
- Negativity is part of the package – BUT you don’t need to listen to it. There is a block option and a spam option in the backend of your blog – use it!
- You will meet some amazing people – these people will become such a large support system for you and you will treasure them always.
- Find a theme that works for you – don’t feel the pressure to conform to the same kind of themes as others. Do what makes you happy.
- Write for you – never blog/write for anyone else. Your voice is important – make sure its yours.
- Pictures – use your own, credit the other images if they aren’t yours!
- Stay true to what you know and what you want to talk about, again, blog for you!
OK, so those may not have been 10 points – but its all I can come up with at the moment…