This challenge requires me to play chef but to be completely fair, I am holed up at home taking antibiotics and steroids in order to open up my chest and so I feel like absolute death. Instead, I will blog about a meal that I really feel like making and then devouring promptly thereafter.
It’s a Mayonnaise and chutney chicken dish which is a firm favorite with most South Africans. It’s essentially a chicken casserole, served over rice.
- 6 to 8 chicken portions
- 1 packet brown onion soup powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chutney
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put in oven-proof casserole dish.
- Mix soup powder and boiling water.
- Mix soup with chutney and mayonnaise, and pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover casserole dish and bake in oven at 160°C for 1½ hours if you used chicken portions.
Serve with rice and veggies.